Advanced Linux Course details in PDF
Practical Implementation in Real Time Environment
Zoom Technologies brings to you the all new Advanced Linux course. This course is designed
for professionals to easily install and configure advanced Linux services like IPv6, IPsec VPN,
iptables as well as configuration of SAN, MySQL, Oracle integration of Linux and Windows
etc. The training will be conducted by senior System/Network engineers with several years
of industry experience.
- Introduction and configuration of LDAP Server.
- Configuration of Winbind Server.
- Integration of Active Directory Users with Linux Clients.
- Implementation of LDAP Backup Server.
- Introduction & configuration of ZIMBRA Mail Server.
- Authentication of SAMBA DOMAIN Server with WINDOWS Clients.
- Introduction & configuration of Oracle Database Server.
- Introduction & configuration of MySQL Database Server.
- Implementation of HTTPS Service.
- Implementation of Nagios Monitoring Tool Service.
- Introduction & configuration of SAN.
- Explanation & configuration of CLUSTER Servers.
- Importance & configuration of NTP Server.
- Introduction & configuration of VPN (PPTP & IPsec).
- Introduction & configuration of Apache Tomcat.
- Implementation of all Servers on IPv6 LDAP, WEB & MAIL etc.,
- Securing Network with Firewall (Iptables & SELinux)
- Introduction of LDAP.
- Structure of LDAP Schema.
- Features of LDAP.
- Comparison between NIS & LDAP.
- Configuring LDAP Server Creating of LDAP Domain Database.
- LDAP Users and Groups
- Adding, Modifying and Deleting Users from LDAP Database.
- Configuring LDAP SLAVE Server as a Backup Server.
- Explaining the Data Replication in Between Master and Slave.
W E B Server (A p a c h e )
- Introduction of Apache.
- Comparison between HTTP And HTTPS.
- Generating SSL keys.
- Creating CA.
- Configuring HTTPS Clients.
Clustering (Web Based)
- Types of CLUSTER.
- Explanation of Load Balancing & LVS Components.
- Configuring Real and Backup Servers.
- Checking Load Balancing in CLUSTER Server.
- Introduction of VPN.
- Types of VPN & VPN Protocols.
- Installing Graphical Tool of VPN.
- Configuring the Setup of VPN in Multiple Networks.
S A N
- Introduction of SAN, DAS and NAS.
- Explaining Protocols.
- Configuring SAN Server by using SCSI Target.
- Making SAN Clients by using SCSI Initiator.
- Configuration to create a samba PDC
- To create samba PDC Administrator User
- Add windows workstation to Samba Domain
- Add & Delete users from Samba Domain
- Modify Samba passwords
- Introduction & Installing Samba
- Set up a basic smb.conf
- Joining a Member Server to the Active Directory domain
- Make Active Directory domain users/groups available locally through Winbind
- Starting the daemons, Testing the winbind user / group mapping
- Login Active Directory Users from Linux clients
Zimbra Mail Server
- Configuration of Zimbra Mail Service
- Installation of Zimbra Application
- Starting the Daemons
- Creating users Mail Accounts / Creating Groups
- Taking Backup of Mail Accounts
- Maintaining the Logs of Mail Accounts
Nagios Monitoring Tool
- Installation & Configuration of Nagios & Plugins
- Create Nagios User & Group
- Installation & Configuration Web Interface for Nagios
- Starting the Service
- Login with Nagios web Interface
- Adding Multiple Servers & Clients in Nagios
- Configuration of NTP Server
- Starting the service
- NTP Synchronized
- Configuration of Client
- Installation of MySQL on LINUX
- Starting the service
- Creating a MySQL root Account
- Location of MySQL Database
- Accessing MySQL Command Line
- Creating and Deleting MySQL
- Installation & Configuration of Oracle 11g
- Create users & groups
- Assign the passwords
- Create Database Directory
- Provide Permission for Database
- Access Oracle Database for Web Interface
- Login with Oracle users from Web Interface
- Installation & Configuration of Tomcat & JDK
- Creating users & groups
- Assigning the Password
- Integration of Tomcat with Apache
- Access Tomcat with web Interface
- Check For Ipv6 Support In The Current Running Kernel
- Adding, Checking and Removing IPv6, Gateway, and DNS IP
- Bringing Interface up/down
Configuration of All Servers on IPv6
- LDAP, DNS, DHCP, APACHE, MAIL and FTP etc;
Security with Iptables and SElinux
- Introduction of iptables chains and tables
- Configuration of iptables rules
- Activating the iptables rules
- Configuring iptables for servers
- Explanation of SElinux Policies
- Configuring SElinux Permanent / SElinux for servers
- Configuration of Kickstart
- Configuration of PXE
- Booting Sequence
- Kernel Initialization
- INIT Process
Backup and Recovery
- Introduction to various types of backup media
- Backup and restoring data using dump / restore commands
- Automation of Jobs (Cronjob & At Job)
- Remote Backup with SCP
Proxy Server (Squid)
- Basics of proxy services
- Configuring proxy services
- Creating ACLs for controlling access to internet
- Basics of file sharing in Windows
- Configuring Samba service for file sharing with windows systems
Troubleshooting your system
- Recovering the super user password
- Recovering the boot loader (GRUB)
- Troubleshooting Xserver problems
- Troubleshooting network related problems
- Managing Virtual machine with kvm & Qemu
- Starting & stoping virtual machine
- Virtualization troubleshooting
- Configuring Analysis and logs
- Configuring Rsyslog & Saving Syslog Messages
- Sending Syslog Message over the network
- Configuring Rsyslog clients & Users log files
- Checking existing Kernel
- Upgrading Kernel with RPM tool
- Configuring IP Bonding
- Nic Failover
- Maintain load balancing
Course Duration: 2 Weeks (59 hours including practicals)
Various Date & Time schedule are given as below, any one of Batch/Track can be taken.
30th of Every Month
8.00 a.m. to 10.30 a.m.
15th of Every Month
7.00 p.m. to 10.30 p.m.
- Practical's / labs for Morning batch can be done 2 hours after the theory session
- Practical's / labs for Evening batch can be done 2 hours before the theory session
- If 15th or 30th is a Sunday or National holiday then the course will start on next working day.
- This classroom training is offered at our Ameerpet branch.
Faculty: Team of over 250 highly experienced practical engineers with actual working experience (International Exposure)
The Classroom Advanced Linux training conducted at Zoom, Hyderabad - India is priced at
INR 2,500* / USD 46* / GBP 28* / NGN 9,250*. Pay Now
* All prices subject to a 15% Service Tax Charge.
Rates are quoted in U.S. dollars, Britain Pounds and Nigerian Nairas are subject
to change according to Foreign Exchange rates.
* For online Credit/Debit Card payment, surcharge 5% is charged to the Course fee.